Dr Ravindra Bhalchandra Sabnis
Chairman, Dept. of Urology
M.S., M.Ch. (Urology)
- 1981 – M. B. B. S. – L. T. Municipal Medical College, Sion, Bombay.
- 1985 – M. S. (Gen. Surgery) – L. T. Municipal General Hospital & Medical College, Sion, Bombay
- 1988 – M.Ch. (Urology) – L.T. Municipal General Hospital & Medical College, Sion, Bombay.
Clinical Posting and Work Experience
Resident Intern – Dec 81 to Dec 82 – L. T. Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Bombay
- Resident House Officer -Mar 83 to Feb 84 – L. T. Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Bombay.
- Resident Registrar – Mar 84 to Feb.86 – M. T. Agarwal Municipal General Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai.
- Resident House Officer – March 86 to Feb.87 –
- Duties: To carry out OPD and ward work. Performing minor operations and assisting major operations. Teaching undergraduates and postgraduates the rules of general surgery, as well as guiding interns.
- Resident Registrar – March 87 to August 1988 – L. T. Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Bombay.
- Duties: To carry out ward and OPD work. Performing operations independently & supervising house officers. Teaching post-graduate students about urology.
- Full time Lecturer – Sept 88 to June 1993 – L. T. Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Bombay.
- Duties: To carry out OPD & ward work. Performing major operations independently. Assisting registrars and house officers in Urology. Making independent decisions regarding management of patients. Seeing referrals from other units. Teaching post graduate students about urology and carrying administrative responsibilities.
- Full time Consultant Urologist – July 93 till July 2002 – Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat.
- Duties: To supervise OPD and Ward work. Supervise Residents. Decision-making regarding patient management. Performing major operations independently and to assist & teach juniors. Conducting post graduate clinics, Journal clubs & Seminars. Teaching DNB (Urology) students. Guiding interns. Head of unit III since Dec 2001 with independent OPD, wards & OT.
- Hon. Consultant Urologist – Shri Samarth Superspeciality Hospital, Nashik.
- Total teaching experience in Urology after M.Ch. (till March 2009) 20years.
- M.Ch. (Urology) Teacher – Bombay University at L. T. Municipal General Hospital & Medical College, Sion, Bombay. -1992 to 1994
- DNB (Urology) Teacher – at Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad from 1995 to 2002. Got 1 student every year.
- Examiner for DNB (Urology) – Examinations held at Hyderabad in May 2001
- Examiner at 3rd MBBS – Surgery – Bombay University -Oct 1992.
- Worked as Transplant Registrar at Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool U.K. for 6 months. – April 97 to Oct 97 to get cadaver transplant experience
- Presented paper on ‘safety & efficacy of complex renal calculi in a solitary kidney’. At World Congress in Endo-urology held at Edinburgh U.K. from 1to 4 Sept 1997.
- Presented a paper on ‘Continuing dilemma in management of post transplant ureteric strictures at North-west England Transplant meet held at Manchester U.K. on 4th June 1997.
- Attended American Urologist association (AUA) Annual conference held at Anaheim – California in June 2001.
- Spend 1 month in Urology department – Cleveland Clinic as an observer under Dr. Inderbeer Gill.
- Spend 2 weeks in Urology department – Long Island Jewish Medical Center – New York under Dr. Gopal Badlani
- Chairman (Dept of Urology) & Consultant Urologist, MPUH, Nadiad.
- Hon. Secretary of west zone urological society of India
- National Scholarship – Govt. of India – 1975
- College Scholarship – D. G. Ruparel College – 1975-1977
- Bombay University Scholarship – 1983 – 1988
- 1St Prize – “Ectopic Kidney PCNL” – Video Presentation – 6th West Zone Usicon – Indore 1996.
- 2nd Prize – Our experience of Pyeloplasty – Podium session – Annual conference of Bombay Urological society at Lonavala 1987.
- 2nd Prize – Changing trends in Urinary diversion after Radical Cystectomy – Podium Session – National conference of Indian Society of Oncology – Ahmedabad – 1996
- 3rd Prize – A new scoring system in predicting success of Push in endourological management of upper ureteric stone – Poster session – 28th USICON 1994 – Kolkata.