Medical tourism, also known as health and wellness tourism, refers to the industry in which people from one country travel to another to get medical, dental, and surgical treatments, while also visiting the local attractions of that country.
Why Choose India As Your Healthcare Destination?
Medical tourism has lately become a popular form of vacationing for global travelers and India has emerged as their preferred destination, especially within Asia where it ranks among the top 3 countries, the other two being Singapore and Thailand. Apart from the popular alternative treatment options such as Yoga and Ayurveda, India is famous for its cost-effective yet high quality medical treatments in cardiology, orthopedics, nephrology, oncology, and neuro-surgery. Some of the main reasons why international patients choose India as their preferred medical care destination are:
- Low Cost of Treatment: As an example, consider Robotic Radical Prostatectomy which in certain cities in the United States can cost on an average around $35,000 (Science Daily). But in India, it costs only around $7,000, and here you can get treated by world renowned doctors such as Dr. Mahesh Desai.
- High Quality of Treatment: Many Indian hospitals are now equipped with the latest technologies and facilities that are at par with those available in other, more expensive countries. An example is the da Vinci Si® Surgery System used at CRS, which provides 3-D high definition vision and 360° angular moment to the doctors and enables them to perform even the most difficult surgeries very effectively and efficiently.
- Quick Treatments and Less Waiting: When compared to countries like the U.S., the waiting time for a patient to get treated is virtually zero in India. As a result, foreign patients can get treated very quickly and efficiently in Indian hospitals, especially when it comes to planned surgeries.
- Easy Follow-Ups: Even after the patient has been treated and returns to his home country, it is easy for him to keep in touch with the doctor by means of electronic media. Post-operative follow-ups and subsequent advice on medical reports can be done conveniently using channels such as e-mails, video calls, etc.
- Great Tourist Destination: Apart from all the positives of getting treated in India, an additional benefit to the international patients is the country’s varied and beautiful tourist places. After getting their surgeries/treatments done, many patients choose to stay back and recuperate in India, making the most of their trip.
After selecting India as the country for your treatment, the next most important question is which hospital to choose. There are a number of factors that need to be considered before finalizing this decision, the main ones being:
- The hospital’s location, credibility, facilities, and infrastructure
- Doctors’ profiles including their experience and accomplishments
- Relevant statistics (such as the number of successful surgeries)
- The quality of medical services and care
- Ease of pre and post treatment follow-up with concerned doctors
MPUH’s Centre for Robotic Surgery scores very high among all the above criteria, and is therefore, one of the most popular centres for Endo-Urology and Nephrology treatments in India.
Our motto is “Every Life Deserves World Class Care”, and we ensure that each and every patient of ours gets the best possible medical care that they deserve. Here are the top reasons why you should choose MPUH-CRS for all your Urology and Nephrology related issues:
1. The Doctors
Our team of doctors boasts of some of the best in the world. Our medical director and head of the Robotic Surgery team is Dr. Mahesh Desai, who holds a vast number of prestigious accomplishments, including his experience as the ex-president of Endourology Society and a past president of SIU (Society International d’Urology). He has won many awards in his career, the latest one being Qimpro Platinum Standard 2012 for Healthcare and the prestigious St. Paul Medal. Our doctors are highly experienced and expert in various open, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. To know more about our doctors click here.
2. The Hospital
Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital (MPUH) holds the distinction of having over 35 years of experience in kidney care. MPUH has won the prestigious Indian Merchant Chambers Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Trophy – 2011. This award program is considered as a catalyst for nation-building and it gives special recognition to excellence in organizations. Here are some quick statistics about surgeries performed at our hospital till 31st December, 2012. Find complete details about Centre For Robotic Surgery here.
- Stone Surgeries – 26,000+
- Kidney Transplants – 2,230+
- Robotic Surgeries – 260+
3. The Treatments, Services, and Care
From the moment you contact us, either via e-mail, website contact form, or through phone, we strive to help out with your queries as quickly and effectively as possible. By asking for all the relevant information upfront, we try to keep the communication crisp and efficient.
To ensure that our patients, both from India and abroad, get answers to all their queries regarding treatment options and appointments, we:
- Provide proper consultation to inquiries asked via e-mail/website forms, and request a personal visit to our hospital only if really required.
- Make arrangements for international patients right from visa assistance, airport reception, logistics, accommodation arrangements, food, to local sightseeing (if requested), etc.
- Have tie-ups with various national/multi-national medical insurance agencies.
- Have made provisions for all types of pre and post-operative check-ups various stages of treatment within our hospital premises itself.
- Provide various types of rooms including VIP suites, special, semi-special, and general rooms as per the patients’ needs.
- Help with the accommodation of the patients’ relatives in individual houses, flats, hotels, etc.
- Ensure our canteens provide good quality, hygienic, and tasty vegetarian food.
- Keep in touch with the patients through electronic media, once they have returned to their home country.
4. The Location
Another important criterion to be considered before finalizing a hospital in India is its location, which should be easily accessible and well-connected. This is another plus for our hospital which is located in a city (Nadiad) which has good-connectivity with international and national airports, railways and express & national highways. Less than an hour’s drive from the Ahmedabad International Airport, MPUH-CRS is very easy to reach. For more details on how to reach us, please visit our Location and Directions page.
For any further questions regarding our hospital, or for making an appointment with one of our doctors, please contact us here.